G3 Systems has the expertise and skills to deliver a comprehensive range of products and services. Our capabilities are underpinned by wide and diverse experience in the innovative design and delivery of specialised systems, infrastructure and logistic support to a diverse range of clients, meeting varied and demanding requirements. Our products and services have supported operations in challenging and arduous environments – ranging from military operations in Afghanistan and Iraq and the mining industry in West Africa, to medical infrastructure support in Libya and systems used afloat in the maritime environment. We have a full and comprehensive understanding of how to take our customers’ requirements and translate them into practical, innovative and effective solutions. We are used to providing products and services in line with international quality standards.
Click on the links below for examples of what we do:
Equipment & Systems Solutions
A Hybrid System of soft and hard wall shelters housing equipment for design, construction and maintenance in the field. Tested to UK MoD standards for use in a wide variety of climates and environments.
- Maximum Workspace coupled with a minimum deployment footprint – providing full Deployable Engineering Workshop system functionality within twelve 20’ ISO Containers.
- System Flexibility – enabling multiple deployment configurations at full system, partial system and forward deployment levels.
- Commonality & Versatility – utilising a common core container and shelter designs with equipment optimised for secondary / multiple uses.
- Innovation – in the approach to the provision of spacious, readily deployed, covered and conditioned working areas closely integrated with the core container facilities to provide a weatherproof operating environment.
- Proven In-Service Technology – utilising established integrated DROPS container design and electrical installations by G3 Systems; Main Work Area design utilising Ably Shelters ‘Armadillo’ style VLAS (Very Large Area Shelter) technology and a range of high quality, market leading tooling.
- A Safe Working Environment in which to conduct engineering and workshop practices.
A deployable, climate controlled system for housing military working dogs. It can remain in place on a permanent basis or be readily redeployed
- Uses a standard 20ft CSC approved container
- Gross weight: 4,509 kgs
- UK power compatible: 220v / 50Hz
- Operational temperature range: +56°C to -26°C (+133 °F to -15°F)
- Transportable by road, sea and air
- Each container houses up to 4 dogs
- Food storage & preparation area
- Internal sleeping areas
- Secure external exercise areas
- Equipment storage
- Non-contaminating kennel flooring and walls
- Erected in under 4 hours by 2 – 4 persons
- Tool free assembly
- Fire protection system
- Built-in washing and drainage systems
- Internal lighting and electrical sockets
- Split multi-HVAC system
- 20’ ISO CSC approved DROPS Container with 2 compartments:
- Compartment 1: Day/Night Sight repair, utilising 50% of the internal container space.
- Compartment 2: Laser repair using CR2 TARP, utilising 50% of the internal container space.
- DAVIT hoist system.
- Container structural steelwork and floor construction.
- Bale bar arrangement.
- Roof access ladder and safety lashing system.
- Container jacking system.
- Container access doors and hatches.
- Electrical interface panel.
- Power Distribution Board.
- Basic electrical installation including lighting & emergency stop provision. Compliant with BS7671.
- 4 man equipment storage locker.
- Under bench racking system.
- Air conditioning system.
- Heating system.
- Platform safety barriers.
- Purpose built 14’ 6’’ container
- 10kw of air conditioning
- Operation -46C to +55C
- Internal noise levels below 60dB(A)
- Compatible with FEPDS
- Full CES pack
- 4 man workspace
- Internal Comms terminals
- Optional RFI and EMP shielding
- Electrical installation to BS7671 17th Edition
- New standard 3kVA UPS Powerware 9130
- 2 Drawer lockable security cabinet
- single Air Conditioning Unit
- Fibre Optic connections
This system has been designed to allow the storage, preparation, cooking, and distribution of meals and beverages in safe and hygienic conditions in demanding operating conditions and environments. Great care has been taken to provide a system which is flexible, modular, inherently safe to operate and easy to support.
G3 Systems has designed of a series of containers supported by FEA modelling to full approval by Lloyd’s Register for housing the components of the NATO Submarine Rescue System – Transfer Under Pressure. Specifications include:
- Combination of 10′, 20′ & 40‘ ISOs
- Lloyds Classified System Designed & Built under Lloyds Survey
- Designed to withstand Green Sea Loading and operate on the deck of a ship
- For transportation by Road & Sea
- Built & Designed under the guidance and design data issued by Joint Air Transportation & Evaluation Unit (JATEU) for Air Transportation by Military & Commercial Aircraft
- Finite Element Modelling (FEM) Structural Analysis & Design justification of individual container modules and an system model representing its operational state
- Full material traceability
- Full Non-Destructive Examination & Testing
- CSC Tested and Approved
The OHS-LT was developed and built by G3 Systems against a requirement issued by the MoD in 2005/6. Following trial and acceptance of the first system, 50 units were built in total. This laundry system is designed for deployment into operational areas to support the Military in maintaining an excellent level of clean clothing. The system consists of industrial washing machines and dryers contained within a CSC plated 20 foot ISO profile container. The container unfolds (drop down side) along one long side with a roof, floor and commensurate supports which creates a covered platform effectively doubling the footprint of the container offering a working area for loading and unloading the washers & dryers.
The system contains diesel powered burner sub-systems for supplying hot water and air for the washers and dryers. Additionally an integral generator is incorporated allowing the OHS-LT to be operated in standalone mode only requiring a water supply and grey water disposal.
The OHS-LT is currently being operated in Europe and Afghanistan demonstrating its deployable capability and supporting ground forces wherever required. It has further been deployed to various world locations in support of UK forces exercises.
Facilities & Infrastructure Solutions
- Accommodation and Ablutions
- Welfare building, Shop, Internet & Dining Facility
- Medical treatment facility
- Office, security, administrative and storage facilities
- Communications facilities and infrastructure
- Fuel Storage and Refuelling facilities
- Vehicle & technical equipment workshops and servicing bays
- Generator farm and power distribution (HV & LV)
- Water distribution system including water treatment plant and borehole
- Waste Water treatment
The building also contains office space, toilets and staff refreshment areas.
G3 Systems were also contracted to provide the power plant for the complex.
With a total area of 7,200m2 and built to the latest European design specifications, KAF Medical Treatment Facility – currently NATO’s largest permanent MTF – offers 56 beds, including 12 beds in the intensive care unit. The complex is equipped with 12 trauma bays, three operating theatres, three dental suites, laboratory services, a physiotherapy department and an isolation ward. It also has an emergency expansion capability. In addition, the facility has been equipped by the US medical services with the very latest medical equipment including two computer tomography (CT) scanners.
G3 Systems currently provides O&M Support Services for the KAF & KAIA MTFs. This includes the following support functions:
- Infrastructure and Support Systems Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Support Services
- Clinical Waste Management
- New and/or Additional Minor Works
- Site preparation, fencing, excavation & underground services
- Construction of 2 x industrial type buildings (FRP Building: 4320m2;EEA Building: 1835.5m2) for use as storage, workshops, meetingrooms and offices. Buildings comprise a mixture of reinforced concrete construction and steel portal frame techniques, with integral forceprotection measures.
- Provide & commission internal electrical distribution
- Provide & commission water and sewerage distribution. General site service requirements for Emergency Water Supplies (EWS) for firefightingpurposes and domestic non-potable water supplies
- Non Potable Water – radial water supply main for each building from a main tank in a centralised storage area
- EWS Systems consists of GRP tanks, integral pipework, pressurisation pumps, controls & hydrants
- Construct toilet block facilities
- External lighting
- Towing cable Test Facility including groundworks and electrical distribution
G3 Systems delivered this project in support of our client’s wider operation. The contractinvolved the provision of an electrical and mechanical engineering and design consulting capabilityfor the development of the site-wide infrastructure required to support the operation of a 40,000m2waste management facility at Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan.
The Waste Management Treatment facility was constructed to provide a facility capable of 24/7 operationfor the disposal of general, medical and specialist waste in an environmentally friendly manner.
The key deliverables of the contract were:
- Design and install fuel storage and distribution system
- Design and install water storage and distribution system
- Design and install electrical distribution to offices and services
- Design and install area lighting
- Design and construction of concrete ramps, footings and foundations
- Design and construction of concrete main access ramp
- Design and construction of a weighbridge facility
- Design and construction of a sorting station and shredder facility
G3 Systems was responsible for the design, supply, construction and fit out of a two storey, headquartersbuilding complete with service connections, force protection and compound demarcation, HV transformerinstallation and backup generator power connection.
In outline the project consisted of the structural design of a light steel frame building and foundations,and the related supply and installation of new HV transformer to provide power to the building alongwith backup generator and fuel tank.
The key deliverables of the contract were:
- Design and construction of foundations and two storey light steel frame building
- Design and installation of electrical systems including small power, lighting, communications installation and lightning protection system
- Design and supply of raised access flooring system for entire ground floor
- Design and supply of building wide air conditioning and system
- Design and supply of male and female ablutions and connections to existing services
- Design and construction of steel staircases
G3 Systems’ experience in the design and erection of Pre-Engineered Buildings extendsacross a range of single storey and two-storey buildings, in addition to general sunshadeand wider span facilities. These PEBs have been supplied to perform a variety of functionsincluding:
- Kitchen/Dining Facilities
- Medical Facilities (Intensive Treatment, Mortuary)
- Accommodation blocks
The Frame master and Cladding equipment deployed in theatre has a steel gauge capabilitythat enables larger structures to be constructed, giving G3 Systems the ability to address awide range of specific PEB structural requirements.
The project consisted of a mixture of pre-fabricated buildings and local construction of a self-sufficient camp with fresh water supply from boreholes and fuel storage. Full security and blast protection was also provided.
Facility Operation & Management
G3 Systems provide the facility management for NATO’s two advanced trauma hospitals at Kandahar and Kabul, Afghanistan.The facilities at the hospitals include Intensive Care Units, surgery & trauma, primary healthcare, diagnostics,laboratories, ophthalmic, dentistry, physiotherapy and administrative functions.
The equipment and systems within the facilities are maintained in compliance with the UK National Health Service’s (NHS)Health & Technical Memorandum (HTM) requirements. The equipment and systems includes:
- A cascading air pressure maintained HVAC system
- Medical air plant units and distribution systems delivering oxygen, medical air, and anaesthetic gas
- Scavenge and vacuum services
- Fire detection and suppression system
- Electrical HV/MV/LV distribution systems certified in compliance with BS7671 UK standards
- No break UPS diesel generators & battery backup systems
- Building management systems (BMS)
- IT, PA, Telephone & CCTV systems
- Water purification
- Water distribution systems
- Laboratory furniture
G3 Systems personnel are employed within the hospitals to provide housekeeping and technical infrastructure O&M services.The housekeeping teams are trained to UK NHS standards, with continuation training provided on a regular basis bythe cleaning supervisor. Numerous visitors have complimented G3 Systems on the level of cleanliness that is maintainedwithin the hospitals considering the intensity of usage, and harsh external environment, including high dust levels.
All maintenance and cleaning activities are logged within our CAFM database. This allows for ease of planning andretrieval of historical data. G3 Systems provides the following services:
- Infrastructure and systems maintenance
- Medical equipment maintenance
- New and/or additional construction works
- Clinical waste management
- Housekeeping services
- Grounds maintenance
- Medical laundry
- Asset management
Over and above the base services within the contract, G3 Systems has received several additional orders for non-standard repairs,replacement and new installations.
G3 Systems enjoys an excellent working relationship with the Clinical staff at the hospital and where possible we will goout of our way to ensure that the needs of the hospital are fully supported in a timely and professional manner:
“We have had the sincere pleasure of forming a strong working relationship with the staff of G3…G3 has performed exceptionally in providing facilities maintenance and housekeeping services for our state of the art hospital.They have provided superior advice and hands on service to our advanced medical systems and complex plant systems, alwaysresponding to requests in a timely fashion. Their clear communication and willingness to take ownership of the facility,beyond that of a strictly contractual relationship, has truly made the staff of G3 a part of the family.Their expertise and attention to detail have ensured that our staff, patients and visitors continually receivequality care in a truly remarkable hospital environment…“
G3 Systems have been responsible to the US Army 649th Regional Support Group, for providing maintenanceservices for approximately 1200 housing units, at Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan. The units are a combination of:
- 1140 accommodation (living) units
- 30 ablution (shower) units
- 30 latrine (restroom) units
Outline tasks for this contract include:
- Preventative, corrective & reactive maintenance including:
- interior/exterior lighting
- plumbing and sewerage
- fire & intrusion alarm control panels
- sensors & fire suppression systems
- fixed appliances
- Work order management – customer service centre & dispatch office; work order management system.
- Minor new works, construction and renovation
- Emergency support services
G3 Systems has been providing the Pass & Permits service at the NATO base at Kandahar Airfield,Afghanistan since 2012. The team consists of 45 personnel directly responsible for the safety andsecurity of KAF’s military and contractor population; team members have NATO Secret security classifications.Our remit is to operate the following services in support of the Base Security Group:
Pass & Permits Office (PPO)
Responsible for the verification and production of all NATO/ISAF identification and access cards as well as facilities access and restricted area badges.
Entry Control Points (ECPs)
Access control for all personnel entering and leaving the base by surface means. We use biometrics to verify individuals’ identification, prior to issuing security passes.
Access control for all personnel entering the base by air. Individuals are processed and biometrically scanned, prior to issuing security passes.
Responsible for the verification and production of all passes and badges, which are then distributed either to the PPO, Swap Office or the relevant ECP. Also responsible for the production of all escort badges, authorised requestor cards, VIP badges and any other non-standard cards as directed by the Base Security Officer.
G3 Systems has been providing Operations, Maintenance & Facility Management services to the US Air Force at Camp OQAB,Kabul on behalf of NSPA since January 2013. This includes the provision of the following services:
- Facilities Operations & Maintenance
- Vector Control
- Waste Management
- House Keeping Services
- Electrical Power
- White Goods & Gym Equipment
- Minor Works
The range of systems and equipment supported under this contract includes:
- HVAC Systems
- Electrical Distribution
- Diesel Generators
- Water Distribution Systems
- Waste Water Systems
- Fire Detection
- Grounds, Roads and Fencing
Over and above the base services within the contract, G3 Systems is also tasked with non-standard repairs,replacement and minor new installations as required. G3 also provide a works control office and help deskfacility to enable management of the contract.
Logistics and Field Service Engineer (FSE) Support
G3 Systems provides Field Service Engineer support and maintenance of UK MOD operated artillery system trainers, built and installed by VanHalteren Metaal BV (VHM) at Hohne, Germany and Tidworth, UK. G3 Systems has established a contractual relationship with VHM whereby all theCustodial requirements are met by our Technicians available 24/7 for the trainer. Management of this support is conducted as part of the LogisticSupport Projects activity based in Osprey Quay. In summary the trainer contains the following key features:
- Cost effective training solution without the use of live shells
- Close to 100% simulation of real firing
- System readily available at all times without the need for extensive backup
- Training can be conducted irrespective of the availability and serviceability of operational equipment
- Locating the trainer within a building enables after action reviews, briefings etc in a receptive environment not affected by the weather
- A centralised location without the need for range access
- A static location readily supportable with planned resources and maintenance to achieve high availability figures
G3 Systems operates, repairs and maintains essential medical equipment in Iraq and Afghanistan that includes the Philips CT body scanner. For the CT Scanners, G3 Systems were originally contracted in 2006 to provide a hospital infrastructure in Theatre and were additionally contracted to supply and fit a CT Scanner. Following successful installation and commissioning of the CT Scanner G3 Systems were further contracted to support the equipment with the prime requirement to maintain high availability levels. Subsequently in 2009 G3 Systems were additionally contracted to support medical sterilisers and Washers within the Hospital.
G3 Systems support the equipment with a knowledge base in the UK. G3 Systems Support Engineers who have been specifically trained in support of the equipment are maintained in the UK on a 24/7 call out basis as required by the UK MoD. For the CT scanner this knowledge base includes a detailed support package contract with the equipment OEM.
As part of the Military build up in Afghanistan an Urgent Operational Requirement was issued to deploy the new MAN military vehicles just being delivered to UK forces at the time. This was new equipment and the commensurate support details for maintenance and repair had not been fully delivered. Training of Military technicians was also limited leaving a gap between actual and required support capability. As an expeditious resolution it was decided that 6 specialist Technicians, called Field Service Engineers (FSE), would be deployed to Afghanistan with full access to MAN manufacturing information and having received commercial specialist training. These FSE’s have the full time task of advising Military Staff on maintaining the vehicle fleet acting as a link between the technical details of the equipment and the capability of the maintenance staff. Additionally they would offer a level of continuity which would normally be lost with the roulement of deployed units. G3 Systems having the infrastructure in Afghanistan to establish support and operate the FSE’s entered into a contract with MAN in 2008 to supply this service.
Spring 2011, the service is still being maintained and has proven successful in maintaining the Deployed vehicle fleet in a serviceable condition.